Monday, October 12, 2009

The Monday Funnies

This is the 500th post on this Fiat Lux blog, and fittingly it comes as the Monday Funnies. That's no joke. But here are a few, sent by Pony Express from the Mother Lode by our buddy Patrick Hill.

Enjoy your Monday. . .
There was a very strict order of monks, and they had a rule that said speaking is permissible only one day a year, one monk at a time.

One day it was this monk's turn, and he stood up at the dinner table and said quietly, "I don't like the mashed potatoes here at all, they're too lumpy." And he sat down.

A year later it was another monk's turn and he stood up and said, "I
rather like the mashed potatoes, I find them very tasty."

The third year came along and it was another monk's turn. He said, "I
want to transfer to another monastery, I can't stand this constant
bickering."
* * *
"Anyone with needs to be prayed over, come forward, to the front at the
altar," the Preacher says.

Leroy gets in line, and when it's his turn, the preacher asks: "Leroy, what
do you want me to pray about for you."

Leroy replies: "Preacher, I need you to pray for my hearing." The preacher
puts one finger in Leroy's ear, and he places the other hand on top of
Leroy's head and prays and prays and prays, he prays a blue streak for
Leroy.

After a few minutes, the Preacher removes his hands, stands back and
asks,"Leroy, how is your hearing now?"

Leroy says, "I don't know, Pastor; it ain't til next Wednesday!"

Cartoon by Dave Walker (and see yesterday's sermon).

No comments: