Monday, January 16, 2012

The Monday Funnies

The Jokester Department here at Fiat Lux Productions is lurching back into high gear -- or low gear -- now that the egg nog season has finally finished. Here are a couple of very bad jokes from Pat Hill. Enjoy your Monday . . .

+ + +
A preacher was making his rounds to his parishioners on his bicycle when he came upon a little boy trying to sell a lawn mower. 
"I've been needing a lawn mower. How much do you want for it?" asked the preacher.
"I just want enough money to go out and buy me a bike," said the little boy. 
After a moment of consideration, the preacher asked, "Will you take my bike in trade for it?" 
The little boy asked if he could try it out first, and after riding the bike around a little while, "Mister, you've got yourself a deal." 
The preacher took the mower and began to try to crank it. Pulling on the cord a few times with no response from the mower, the preacher called the little boy over, "I can't get this mower to start." 
The little boy said, "That's because you have to cuss at it to get it started." 
The preacher said to the little boy, "I am a minister, and I cannot cuss. It has been so long since I have been saved, that I do not even remember how to cuss." 
The little boy looked at him happily and said, as he rode off, "Just keep pullin' on that cord. It'll come back to ya." 
* * * 
Two boys were walking home from Sunday school after hearing a strong preaching on the devil. One said to the other, "What do you think about all this Satan stuff?"

The other boy replied, "Well, you know how Santa Claus turned out. It's probably just your dad."

No comments: