* * *
Top Ten Reasons to Celebrate Easter
10. You absolutely love the movie, "The Ten Commandments."
9. You look really, really good in yellow.
8. You just went on a low cholesterol diet and didn't want to waste all those eggs in the fridge.
7. You figure any Holiday that starts with a "Good Friday" can't be all bad.
6. You love to bite the heads off chocolate bunnies.
5. It's a good time to check out your neighborhood church and not be noticed.
4. You have this bunny suit you love to wear, but are too insecure to wear it without a reason.
3. Even though you don't know what it is, you really like the sound of going to a "Passion Play."
2. You figured since Jesus went to all THAT trouble to make it to the first Easter, you'd give it a shot.
1. As a Christian you celebrate the resurrection every other day, why not Easter too?* * *
Why The Easter Bunny Brings Eggs
- Tax write-off.
- Who wants Easter bricks?
- Consider all of the varieties Scrambled, over easy, hard boiled.
- He gets a good deal from the local chickens.
- Secret plan to eliminate human race by cholesterol overdose.
- Pressure from the Egg Marketing Board.
- Because if it brought bottle rockets it would be the Independence Bunny.
- Would you want to hunt for waffles?
- He thinks there's guys who should get chicks at least once a year.
- Because the Energizer rabbit got the good job.* * *
An elderly pastor, looking over his large congregation on a sunny Easter morning, startled them with this announcement "My friends, realizing that I will not see many of you until next Easter, may I take this opportunity to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
Cartoon by Dave Walker