TOP 10 SIGNS YOU'RE IN FOR A LONG SUNDAY SERMONAnd our Dave Walker cartoon is a repeat, but I love it!
10. There's a case of bottled water beside the pulpit in a cooler.
9. The pews have camper hookups.
8. You overhear the pastor telling the sound man to have a few (dozen!)
extra tapes on hand to record today's sermon.
7. The preacher has brought a snack to the pulpit.
6. The preacher breaks for an intermission.
5. The bulletins have pizza delivery menus.
4. When the preacher asks the deacon to bring in his notes, he rolls in a
3. The choir loft is furnished with La-Z-Boys.
2. Instead of taking off his watch and laying it on the pulpit, the
preacher turns up a four-foot hour-glass.
AND THE NUMBER ONE SIGN YOU'RE IN FOR A LONG SUNDAY SERMON
1. The minister says, "You'll be out in time to watch the super bowl" but
it's only August!
Monday, August 31, 2009
The Monday Funnies
It is the Dog Days of Summer, and the jokes are getting a bit thin. The joke bank is definitely depleted, but here we go anyway. Welcome to the Monday Funnies, and have a good week...