Monday, November 1, 2010

The Monday Funnies

We could use a little amusement around these parts of late. How about a cartoon by Dave Walker? And a long groaner from Lori? Enjoy your Monday. . .
A mom was concerned about her kindergarten son walking to school.
He didn't want her to walk with him, and she wanted to give him a feeling of independence. But she also wanted know that he was safe.

When she expressed her concern to her neighbor, Shirley offered to follow him to school in the mornings for a while, staying at a distance so he wouldn't notice. Shirley said that since she was up early with her toddler anyway, it would be a good way for them to
get some exercise.

All week long, Shirley and her daughter followed Timmy as he walked to school with another neighborhood girl. As the two children walked and chatted, kicking stones and twigs, Timmy's friend said, "Have you noticed that lady following us to
school all week? Do you know her?"

Timmy replied, "Yes, I know who she is. That's my mom's friend Shirley Goodnest and her little girl Marcy."

"Shirley Goodnest? Why is she following us?"
"Well," Timmy explained, "every night my mom makes me say the 23rd
Psalm with my prayers, cuz she worries about me so much. And in the
Psalm, it says, 'Shirley Goodnest and Marcy shall follow me all the
days of my life'. I guess I'll just have to get used to it!"

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine
upon you, and be gracious unto you; the Lord lift His countenance
upon you, and give you peace.
May Shirley Goodnest and Marcy be with you today and always.


No comments: