Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

Today is Earth Day, and I hope all of us will find new ways to heal this planet, "our island home."

Tonight, as mentioned here yesterday, St. Paul's is hosting an Earth Day dinner as a gift to the parish and community. Most of the food will be locally produced. I hope you can join us.

I will be winging my way to California to preach at the funeral of a very dear friend, Jerry Gillam of the Los Angeles Times. Jerry was the "dean" of the state Capitol press corps, he came to Sacramento when Pat Brown (father of Jerry) was governor. Jerry was a reporter's reporter and one of the friendliest, greatest guys you will ever meet. You can read memories of Jerry on a blog by clicking HERE. Friends of Jerry are invited to email me with memories and I will post them.

No comments: