Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Funnies


More snow on the way this week. My winter welcome is long gone. To get through the tedium of another snow storm, seems to me we need some jokes.

And the cartoon this week, by Dave Walker(of course), gives me some ideas on what we can do to be more welcoming. So welcome to your Monday and theMonday Funnies...


* * *

The interim pastor minister was celebrating his last service at the church he had been ministering at for some months, and his hat was passed around for a goodwill, farewell offering.

When it eventually made its way back to the minister, it was empty. He
didn't flinch, he just raised the hat to heaven and prayed, "I thank you,
Lord, that I got my hat back from this congregation."
* * *
A pastor, an avid golfer, was once taking part in a local tournament.
As he was preparing to tee off, the tournament organizer approached him and
pointed to the dark, threatening storm clouds that were gathering.

"Preacher," the organizer said, "I trust you'll see to it that the
weather won't turn bad on us."

The pastor shook his head. "Sorry. I'm sales, not management."
* * *
Four Jewish men are sitting in a restaurant in the Bronx. For a long
time, nobody says a word. Finally, one man groans, "Oy."

"Oy vey," says the second man.

"Oy vey iz mir," says the third.

At this the fourth man gets up from his chair and says, "Listen, if you
guys don't stop talking politics, I'm leaving."

No comments: